RIOT - Resilience in our Tweens
Resilience in Our Teens™ is a one-day professional learning course for teachers and teacher aides to learn the strategies for managing anxiety and building resilience at school.
Resilience in Our Teens™ course is based on three underlying principles: first, by having an understanding of how anxiety develops teachers and teacher aides can counter its progress. Second, they can play a preventative role in stopping teenagers from worrying too much. Third, there are practical steps to take to build resilience thinking in teenagers.
- A certificate of completion.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Coverage of three key foundational concepts which relate to the treatment of adolescent anxiety.
- Usual and unusual definitions of a resilience mindset.
- Anxiety basics - ground-level understanding of how anxiety functions.
- The modest skills which can be applied to anxious thinking and anxious behaviour to help a teenager to develop more adaptive ways to cope with adversity.
- Four key strategies teachers and teacher aides can use in the school environment.
- How to enlist systems and parents to positively influence teenagers anxiety.
- A curated list of additional resources for the management of adolescent anxiety in schools.
Parentshop are a registered COVID-safe business & are only running training at COVID-safe venues. Please, if you are unwell, stay at home.
For any queries please phone our office on 02 6680 8910 or email email@example.com