ONE-DAY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Equips you with the knowledge to teach parents and carers skills to resolve teenager behaviour problems
Parents will walk away with a renewed sense of confidence about the role they can play in their teenagers’ lives, without conversations morphing into arguments.
The professional training includes role play, group discussion, worksheets and videos. This one-day course equips professionals with the knowledge to teach parents the program over three sessions and/or how to teach the tenets of the program in a few one-to-one clinical sessions.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- The ability to conduct the Engaging Adolescents™ program, as either a three-meeting parent education course or in one-to-one sessions.
- Knowledge to teach parents about adolescent challenges and how to hold reasonable expectations of their adolescent.
- Knowledge of easy-to-use techniques that parents and carers can use to enlist adolescents to manage their own behaviour and emotional reactions, to build a relationship with their teenager and strategies to deal with unacceptable behaviour.
Active PD points apply.
- A comprehensive training manual to teach parents Engaging Adolescents™ in a three meeting parent education course or in one-to-one sessions.
- Digital practitioner materials including a slideshow for parent presentations (this excludes the Engaging Adolescents™ DVDs).
- Session-by-session guidelines for parent meetings.
- A certificate of completion.
- A licence to teach the program for three years.
- Lunch and refreshments.