ONE-DAY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Equips you with the knowledge to teach parents and carers skills to resolve teenager behaviour problems
Parents will walk away with a renewed sense of confidence about the role they can play in their teenagers’ lives, without conversations morphing into arguments.
The professional training includes role play, group discussion, worksheets and videos. This one-day course equips professionals with the knowledge to teach parents the program over three sessions and/or how to teach the tenets of the program in a few one-to-one clinical sessions.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- The ability to conduct the Engaging Adolescents™ program, as either a three-meeting parent education course or in one-to-one sessions.
- Knowledge to teach parents about adolescent challenges and how to hold reasonable expectations of their adolescent.
- Knowledge of easy-to-use techniques that parents and carers can use to enlist adolescents to manage their own behaviour and emotional reactions, to build a relationship with their teenager and strategies to deal with unacceptable behaviour.
Active PD points apply.
- A comprehensive training manual to teach parents Engaging Adolescents™ in a three meeting parent education course or in one-to-one sessions.
- A certificate of completion.
- Lunch and refreshments.
Certification – a new way of working starting in 2021
To become a certified parent educator, you’ll be provided with additional resources needed in order to present to parents. This ensures that our product is only being taught at the highest quality. There are several benefits in becoming certified:
Certification is renewed each year. certification is $69 per person for the first year , thereafter there will be a $49 membership fee charged annually to remain a certified parent educator.
What comes with certification
- Listing on our website as a certified Engaging Adolescents® parent educator.
- Access to additional resources such as relevant articles and tips on presenting.
- A comprehensive set of session guidelines.
- Digital practitioner materials, including a slideshow for parent presentations and teaching films.
- An annual licence to teach the program to parents.
- Resources for marketing.
Parentshop are a registered COVID-safe business & are only running training at COVID-safe venues. Please, if you are unwell, stay at home.