Mon 19 Oct
3 weeks, 03:30 PM - 05:00 PM
123 Magic & Emotion Coaching in the Classroom
A whole school approach to effectively manage difficult behaviour and teach self-regulation.
- What teachers see and experience.
- Definition of difficult behaviour and some theoretical perspective on how to deal with behaviour.
- Three broad approaches to managing behaviour.
- The ‘little adult’ assumption.
- Recognising and sorting behaviour before choosing the intervention.
- The two biggest mistakes teachers make – too much talking and too much emotion.
- Changing patterns in teacher/student interactions.
- The resistance to change, what to expect and how to manage it.
- Intervening via the 3 choices model.
- Do nothing…about some things.
- Emotion Coaching.
- Counting via a signalling method.
- Practical Steps in getting started.
- Counting in action – some practice.
- Introducing the program to the school community.
- Professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement 123 Magic & Emotion Coaching in the classroom.
- A training manual containing course notes.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the school.
- A certificate of completion.
Follow-up support and consultancy available.
This course supports the development of students’ personal and social capabilities as outlined in the Australian Curriculum. If your school subscribes to Positive Behaviour Support, this course is an excellent supplement. It trains teachers in a method of classroom discipline so that they know what to do to effectively maintain control when a student’s behaviour becomes disruptive.
Follow-Up Support & Consultancy
Train 30 or more staff from your school to qualify for a reduced rate full day of consultancy via Skype or on-site. This is aimed at supporting staff, students and parents with the introduction and implementation of the program.
It typically includes:
- An information session for parents.
- Assistance with the formulation of protocols and policy around the program. Policy template included.
- Observe & assess the teacher’s implementation, providing feedback and coaching.
- Assistance in formulation and/or tailoring of individual behaviour management plans around the program.
- Facilitating Q&A sessions to school staff with a focus on trouble shooting any problem areas.