How we support teachers
Talk Less Listen More™ & Emotion Coaching in the Classroom
ONE-DAY PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
A convenient and cost effective way to equip education professionals across your whole elementary school
with a flexible, effective approach to classroom discipline.
Expected learning outcomes:
- Knowledge and skills to maintain control in the classroom with confidence.
- The ability to build students’ emotional and social capabilities by teaching them self-control.
- A full day of professional development training.
- A course workbook & certificate of completion for each participant.
This course supports the development of students’ personal and social capabilities as outlined in the Australian Curriculum.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Asia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in child development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how teachers will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in teachers: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use Talk Less Listen More™.
- Using Talk Less Listen More™: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly , how to implement it at home, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes of parenting.
- Developing response flexibility in children: emotion coaching and cognitive strategies teachers can teach children.
- Encouraging start behaviours: 20 tips for encouraging wanted behaviour.
Request an Information Pack
Please confirm your details below and one of our team will be in contact with you. Required fields are marked *
What schools are saying…
“The program has been implemented throughout the year with statistics showing a better than 50% reduction in the number of suspensions and acts of bullying. What the statistics don’t show is the improvements in the positive-type behaviours we see going on.”
PRIMARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
“After 18 years of teaching I thought I knew all about discipline in the classroom. Since I have implemented the program, I have found I have more control of my class (and myself) which allows me to teach and once again enjoy my job!”
YEAR 3 TEACHER
“After only three days my class is so much more conscious of what they are doing and I’m talking a lot less. Thanks again for the course.”
YEAR 1 & 2 TEACHER
“Great course with a very practical and realistic approach. Well grounded in research and practical experience.”
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER