How to help parents of 2-12 year olds
Talk Less Listen More™ & Emotion Coaching
ONE-DAY PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
A comprehensive one-day training course that equips you with the knowledge to teach parents and carers of 2-12 year-olds skills to manage their children’s difficult behaviour.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- The ability to conduct the Talk Less Listen More™ & Emotion Coaching program, as either a three-meeting parent education course or one-to-one.
- Knowledge of easy-to-use techniques that parents and carers can use to help children develop self-control and respond flexibly to frustrations and upsets.
- A comprehensive manual to teach parents Talk Less Listen More™ & Emotion Coaching in a few one-to-one sessions or in a three-meeting parent program.
- A USB with a slideshow for parent presentations.
- Session-by-session guidelines for parent meetings.
- A certificate of completion.
- A licence to teach the program for three years.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Asia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in child development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how teachers will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts
- Response flexibility in parents and carers: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use Talk Less Listen More™.
- Using Talk Less Listen More™: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly , how to implement it at home, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes of parenting.
- Developing response flexibility in children: emotion coaching and cognitive strategies teachers can teach children.
- Encouraging start behaviours – 20 tips for encouraging wanted behaviour.
What participants are saying…
“I have run the Talk Less Listen More & Emotion Coaching workshop with some remarkable results from the participants. As this was the first workshop I have run (over one hour), I would like to comment on how much I enjoyed the ease of delivery. What a wonderful program.”
“If only I had known about this years ago, as its simplicity was its beauty and I can’t wait to share it with families to release them of unnecessary stress and emotion.”
“I’m full of new strategies and eager to hone my skills so I can now begin to implement the program with parents.”