How we support parents
Talk Less Listen More™
ONLINE PARENTING COURSE
Based on our highly successful Talk Less Listen More™ & Emotion Coaching course, Talk Less Listen More™ is the quick, convenient and effective online training solution for parents.
This online course teaches parents simple strategies to improve their 2-12 year-old’s behaviour by teaching them self-control.
This course is excellent for:
- Parents with children struggling to adjust to moving overseas
- Parents with an urgent need for behavioural management support
- Busy parents with access, support or mobility issues.
Expected learning outcomes:
- Understanding of a child’s cognitive development and how it differs from adults.
- The skills to teach a child self-control – the ability to manage their emotions and control their behaviour.
- The skills to effectively deal with a child’s meltdowns quietly and calmly.
- The skills to build a child’s emotional maturity and resilience for greater social and academic success.
- Greater ability to connect emotionally with a child and build family bonds.
- Improved parenting confidence.
- Three big ideas
- What is self-regulation?
- Understanding childhood development
- Too much information: what happens when there’s too much talking and emotion
- Sorting behaviour: what to do and how to respond to different types of behaviour
- Negative reinforcement and how to change patterns of behaviour
- How to deal with resistance to change
- Three choices: ABNs and the signal to stop
- Introducing the new system to your family
- Time out
- To apologise or not?
- Three strategies and how to choose one
- Emotion coaching in practice
- How to encourage wanted behaviour
- Building bonds with your child
What the experts are saying…
“I would recommend this e-course as an excellent first port of call for parents wanting to learn strategies to discipline their children with greater confidence.”
DR TOULA TSOVOLOS, CHILD & ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRIST
“I would recommend Talk Less Listen More to others as it is simple to understand, simple to implement and most importantly, it works. Don’t hesitate, just do it!”
JULIE HENRY, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST AND MUM