Parentshop’s training solutions help you make a real difference to the lives of children, parents and primary school staff by reducing the effects of students’ and staff behavioural issues.
Here are four powerful ways we support you to improve behaviour in primary schools with a ‘whole of school’ approach.
We teach you how to manage behaviour issues
Primary school staff are often first to identify children’s behavioural and emotional support needs. They are integral in supporting parents to understand and address them. Research shows that children who can control their impulses do better in academic and social situations. School staff and parents can easily learn to coach them in this. Parentshop’s training courses teach you:
- How to manage behavioural issues
- How to reduce the stress of disruptions
- What happens when children get upset
- What adults can do to help with this emotion
- How to help students engage their ‘mental brakes’ and develop self-control
The training courses are quick and affordable. The method-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in the school environment.
Our training creates positive outcomes in school communities
Parentshop’s training for primary schools assists teachers to reduce many common behavioural difficulties. The benefits include:
- A safe and consistent learning environment: Students experience a predictable and effective response to behavioural issues by all adults across the school community.
- Less crowd control, more learning: Teachers can focus on teaching, students on learning, school leaders on developing a quality learning environment and parents can enjoy family time again.
- Less stress, more confidence: A common understanding reduces conflict between school leaders, parents and staff, supporting better relationships and mental health for all.
Your experts in behaviour management
Established in 2006, Parentshop is a market leader in training and resources for school professionals and parents. It offers easy, effective training solutions to manage children’s difficult behaviour and interpersonal relationships between school leaders, parents and staff. Developed by teacher, author and psychologist Michael Hawton, Parentshop’s training courses have already been taught to over 12,500 teachers and professionals and 110,000 parents around Australia.
“At the heart of what we do is the ability to make a positive contribution to the lives of children and families.”
MICHAEL HAWTON, MAPS.