How we support counsellors
1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching
ONE-DAY PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
A comprehensive one-day training course that equips you with the knowledge to teach parents and carers of 2-12 year-olds skills to manage their children’s difficult behaviour.
Expected learning outcomes:
- The ability to conduct the 1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching program, as either a three-meeting parent education course or to teach the program one-to-one at your school.
- Knowledge of easy-to-use techniques that parents and carers can use to help children develop self-control and respond flexibly to frustrations and upsets.
- A comprehensive manual to teach parents 1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching in a few one-to-one sessions or in a three-meeting parent program.
- A USB with a slideshow for parent presentations (this excludes the 1-2-3 Magic DVDs).
- Session-by-session guidelines for parent meetings.
- A certificate of completion.
- A licence to teach the program for two years.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in child development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how teachers will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts
- Response flexibility in parents and carers: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use 1-2-3 Magic.
- Using 1-2-3 Magic: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly , how to implement it at home, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes of parenting.
- Developing response flexibility in children: emotion coaching and cognitive strategies teachers can teach children.
- Encouraging start behaviours – 20 tips for encouraging wanted behaviour.
Parentshop® Pty Ltd ACN: 121 540 690 ABN: 26 281 659 017 is the exclusive licensee of 1-2-3 Magic training in Australia
What participants are saying…
Train your team in-house and save
Parentshop offers convenient, flexible and highly cost effective in-house training courses. Equip professionals across your whole organisation with a unified approach to working with children and families and accrue active PD points.
Save money and travel expenses when we come to you.
With up to 14 participants, you’ll pay just $142.50 per participant, saving you over $320 per person when compared to full fees at our scheduled courses making it even more affordable for smaller groups of child & family specialists.
Request an Information Pack
Please confirm your details below and one of our team will be in contact with you. Required fields are marked *