|The new 3rd Edition of the Surviving Your Adolescents book will be included in this package.|
Adolescents don’t have to drive you crazy. Living with a teenager is no picnic. There are times when you must bite your tongue as they push towards independence. Or if you sense there is trouble – there are times when you must take charge. This book gives you a step-by-step approach that will help end the hassles and offer concrete solutions.
In Surviving Your Adolescents you will learn:
- What is normal adolescent behaviour
- How to manage teen risk-taking
- Exactly what problems require professional attention
- The Four Cardinal Sins (What not to do!)
- The relationship between parent-teen communication and adolescent safety
- The five ways to improve your relationship
- What role to take: observer, advisor, negotiator, director
- How do you respond to emotional blackmail
- From fashion to passion: guidelines for specific problems
Concise and encouraging, Surviving Your Adolescents does not assume that parents of teens have infinite amounts of time energy or patience. Dr Phelan’s message is clear: you are neither alone nor powerless. With the guide, you can survive your adolescents.
“With his trademark practicality and humor, Dr. Phelan provides parents with empowering nuts-and-bolts guidance.”