Join the Team
Join the Team
Are you talented and passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and families? If you are interested in joining the Parentshop team, please click here to email your CV and expression of interest.
Administrative Assistant and Book Keeper, Grade 3 – 38 hours a week
Casual position, with a view to eventual permanency for the right applicant
- Would suit a highly motivated person
- Work in paradise doing something you love
- Make a real difference to parents and educators all over the world
Parentshop is a small and fast paced event company running behaviour management training events all over the world.
We are looking for a dynamic member of staff, who loves to be in the thick of it and wants to grow in a fun and vibrant event team. We are looking for someone who can perform administrative duties of a financial and organisational nature. The role involves working with the event manager to ensure that all our administrative functions are under control and assist with the logistics and marketing required to run seamless events. The successful candidate will not need to be asked twice and will demonstrate a high amount of initiative and an ability to thoroughly work through tasks.
We need to know that you will be functionally responsible for a list of tasks and to generally ensure that our accounts and other administrative services are attended to in a timely way. You will have an eye on reducing debtor days and be entirely comfortable calling outstanding accounts and asking for payments. You may even suggest less expensive ways to achieve the same ends.
Experience working with CRM systems is a distinct advantage. The role will involve data management and maintenance of our database.
Experience with Social Media and the ability to think creatively and take on side projects alongside the marketing manager will also be looked upon favourably.
We need to see evidence of good attention to detail and the ability to work on more than one thing at a time. It can get quite busy in the office and we need someone who can handle the pressure and keep that smile in place!
Selection criteria – Please ensure you address both essential and desirable and send to us in word or PDF format or your application will not proceed.
- A demonstrable strong work ethic and people who can vouch for this. We will call your referees.
- A degree in business or something similar.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to be methodical.
- Demonstrated experience in using CRM’s. We currently use Infusionsoft.
- Experience with Xero accounting software
- Ability to initiate system improvements. We are very interested in meeting someone who can come up with a brilliant idea or two. If you did something in a previous administrative role, we’d like to know – and if you could provide one example of what you have done, we’d like to know what and how you did that.
We would encourage you to apply if you have most of these skills. In making your application, you will need to address all six of the criteria, one by one. If you don’t then you will not be successful for an interview.
If you’re a ‘can-do’ type of person and if you would like to join us on our mission to make a profound and lasting difference to our society, by reducing the stresses of parenting and supporting real improvements in children’s and young people’s development and wellbeing, apply now!
Applications need to be marked ‘confidential job application’, list three referees and be
submitted to Fiona Kable, Event Manager via email at [email protected] by
COB Thursday 9 June, 2017.
To help reduce parents’ and carers’ distress levels in their role of managing children’s and teenagers’ challenging behaviour – both locally and globally, through the provision of easy to do training events and resources. We also follow the “affect the few, to affect the many” principle in the training of key influencers, such as teachers and school leaders. Here are some goals we would like to achieve:
- A recent UNICEF report showed that 60% of children and young people aged 4-14 globally are regularly affected by corporal punishment. We want to help to reduce the number of children being affected in this way.
- Many fathers are not traditionally involved in community-based courses and yet we know that many fathers prefer to learn parenting skills online. We want to see more fathers involved in parenting education by pitching events to them that take into account their preferred learning styles.
- In the western world, if a child is diagnosed with conduct disorder by the time they are in later childhood, there is a nearly 80% chance that that child will be in trouble with the legal system by the time they are 21. We want to help reduce that frequency.
- Schools and school leaders are under increasing pressure. For example, there has been a 35% increase in children & young people being suspended in NSW schools over the past five years; we want to do something to reduce this percentage.
- At any one time 23% of Australian parents are experiencing behavioural problems with at least one of their children; we want to help with that problem.
10 core values to operate by.
- Promote the mission – do things and cooperate to enable the vision to come true.
- Try to ‘make sense of things’ relative to this vision; when in doubt, seek advice or ask.
- Lessen parents’ (and their children’s) pain: streamline processes to make them easier to use and meet a parent’s needs. Identify how our product will help. Sweep the website from time to time, write practical content and direct them to the right service for them.
- See things through.
- Communicate: let us all know what you have achieved, your losses, your struggles and what you have succeeded with.
- Use ‘technology accelerators’ (e.g., a project management tool (to be decided), Mail-chimp or Google analytics to communicate and coordinate decision-making.
- Anything that is from Michael gets signed off by him.
- Ask for training if you need it.
- Meet to work out priorities, urgency and stages.
- Piggyback on others’ ideas, cultivate them and help others where you can.