123 Magic & Emotion Coaching in the Classroom
ONE-DAY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
A whole school approach to effectively manage difficult behaviour and teach self-regulation
NEW WEBINAR COURSES – SEE BELOW!
- What teachers see and experience.
- Definition of difficult behaviour and some theoretical perspective on how to deal with behaviour.
- Three broad approaches to managing behaviour.
- The ‘little adult’ assumption.
- Recognising and sorting behaviour before choosing the intervention.
- The two biggest mistakes teachers make – too much talking and too much emotion.
- Changing patterns in teacher/student interactions.
- The resistance to change, what to expect and how to manage it.
- Intervening via the 3 choices model.
- Do nothing…about some things.
- Emotion Coaching.
- Counting via a signalling method.
- Practical Steps in getting started.
- Counting in action – some practice.
- Introducing the program to the school community.
- One-day professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement 123 Magic & Emotion Coaching in the classroom.
- A training manual containing course notes.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the school.
- A certificate of completion.
E-mail and phone support is available for 6 months after the initial training.
Follow-up support and consultancy available.
This course supports the development of students’ personal and social capabilities as outlined in the Australian Curriculum. If your school subscribes to Positive Behaviour Support, this course is an excellent supplement. It trains teachers in a method of classroom discipline so that they know what to do to effectively maintain control when a student’s behaviour becomes disruptive.
Follow-Up Support & Consultancy
Train 30 or more staff from your school to qualify for a reduced rate full day of consultancy via Skype or on-site. This is aimed at supporting staff, students and parents with the introduction and implementation of the program.
It typically includes:
- An information session for parents.
- Assistance with the formulation of protocols and policy around the program. Policy template included.
- Observe & assess the teacher’s implementation, providing feedback and coaching.
- Assistance in formulation and/or tailoring of individual behaviour management plans around the program.
- Facilitating Q&A sessions to school staff with a focus on trouble shooting any problem areas.
Scheduled and webinar available courses for 2020 are listed below.
Courses start at $180.00.
Can’t make our scheduled events? Speak to us today about booking an in-house event at your school.
Contact us on 1300 738 278 or email email@example.com
“The program has been implemented throughout the year with statistics showing a better than 50% reduction in the number of suspensions and acts of bullying. What the statistics don’t show is the improvements in the positive-type behaviours we see going on.”
Primary School Principal
“After 18 years of teaching I thought I knew all about discipline in the classroom. Since I have implemented the program, I have found I have more control of my class (and myself) which allows me to teach and once again enjoy my job!”
Year 3 Teacher
“A fantastic PD, useful practical information to implement in the school. Emotion coaching is so vital and will have a positive effect on our students and our relationships.”
Year 3 Teacher
123 Magic & Emotion Coaching in the Classroom will contribute to 7 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing Standard Descriptors 4.3.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Parentshop® Pty Ltd ACN: 121 540 690 ABN: 26 281 659 017 is the exclusive licensee of 1-2-3 Magic in the Classroom training in Australia
Associations and Affiliations