Join the Team
Join the Team
Are you talented and passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and families? Our current job vacancies, including education jobs are listed below.
Sessional Course Trainer.
Sessional course trainer to educate teachers & leaders.
Parentshop is a national behaviour change and education specialist with a track record of high-quality educational courses delivered to community services and educational staff. An opportunity exists for an expert educator to teach fellow leaders, teachers and possible parent groups to identify and treat mild symptoms of anxiety in children, through a scripted parent-led or teacher-led training course. As a sessional course trainer, your job would be to:
1. Initially shadow Michael Hawton or Dr Rob Steventon – lead trainers in this field – to learn the materials taught at these workshops so that you can present these workshops independently in 2020-21. (You will be paid a stipend, accommodation and travel expenses for this initial training.)
2. Be willing to adhere to an already in-use script and powerpoint presentation and to read two books used as texts in the No Scaredy Cats childhood anxiety course.
3. Be a confident presenter who can hold a room, deliver engaging content and think on your feet when delivering.
4. Be very organised – by preparing well, by keeping to commitments (turning-up at the right place on the right day) and keeping to a tight schedule for the day, so that everything is covered. (You will be supported by our learning coordinator, who is ‘all-over’ the events-logistics.)
5. Keep to a commitment we have made to adhere to our program’s fidelity in order to keep to our requirements to meet state-based standards monitoring agency’s stipulations.
6. Have the capacity to work in the role approximately 15 days per year with flexibility to schedule in more events as needed.
Expressions of interest are sought from expert educators, who would be willing to consult to Parentshop and to teach fellow educators the foundational knowledge and practical skills that make up this workshop. To apply for this position, you will need to address each of the five selection criteria over less than three pages:
1. A demonstrable teaching method (perhaps a video of yourself teaching).
2. Psychological knowledge and qualifications in child development or child psychology would be well regarded.
3. Demonstrated interest in or a well-read background in childhood anxiety.
4. A passion more broadly to help teachers and leaders to reduce children’s anxiety in Australian schools.
5. A capacity to travel to training events nationally – and possibly in South East Asia – throughout the year.
The fee paid to you is $750.00 per day and we cover accommodation, meals and travel expenses.
Contact Michael Hawton if you’re interested in further discussing this role. His phone number is 0422 214 430. Applications close on 26 June, 2020. Interviews for this position will be held in July, 2020. Please send applications in confidence to: email@example.com by the due date.