Talk Less Listen More™
Up to 7 hours NESA accreditation for Early Years Educators at Proficient Teacher level
Behaviour guidance professional development to effectively teach self-regulation and manage difficult behaviour
Delivery available as an in-house course at your workplace or – coming soon, Online Training Course
The easy to use behaviour guidance techniques can be taught to all staff, resulting in a consistent approach to help children develop more self-control and to respond with more flexibility to frustration and upsetting events.
The program draws from attachment theory (how relationships can influence behaviour) and social- learning theory (how children can be taught by those around them about how to self-regulate).
Talk Less Listen More™ methods-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in an early years setting.
Supporting the following Quality Areas and concepts of the 2018 National Quality Standard:
QA4 – Staffing Arrangements
4.2.2 Professional standards
QA 5 – Relationships with children
5.1 Relationships between educators and children
5.1.1 Positive educator and child interactions
5.1.2 Dignity and rights of the child
5.2 Relationships between children
QA 6 – Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
6.1 Supportive relationships with families
6.1.3 Families are supported
6.2 Collaborative partnerships
- One-day professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement Talk Less Listen More™ behaviour guidance for Early Years Educators.
- Participants receive a manual containing course notes and implementation guides.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the school.
- Participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- E-mail and phone support is available for 6 months after the initial training.
Follow up consultancy options
Expected learning outcomes:
- Emotional development in the early years (2-7 years)
- Three easy ways to defuse highly emotional behaviour in children
- Build kids’ emotional maturity and resilience for greater social and academic success
- How children develop their mental brakes
- Improve confidence and build bonds
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in early childhood development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how early years educators will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in early years educators: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use Talk Less Listen More™.
- Using Talk Less Listen More™: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at your centre, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes.
Face to face one-day professional development – we come to you!
NEW! 8-module online course launching end of 2018.
Webinar training and support
Webinar training package
We can provide a webinar package tailored to your needs including on-site consultancy and coaching as per the Inclusion Development Fund (IDF) Innovative Solutions Support.
- 4 x 90 minute sessions scheduled to preferred dates and times
- Live and interactive. Plenty of time for questions and problem solving
- Our experienced facilitators will liaise with the centre prior to training to assess staff and children’s needs to ensure the training is relevant and practical
- Q&A sessions available
- Training manual included
- Certificate of completion provided
- Participants provided with a dedicated link to log in from any location
- Cheaper than face to face training and no presenter travel costs
- PLUS – a 45 minute parent information session
Contact Brad Williams on email@example.com or 0402 842 607 to discuss the training and how it relates to any available funding.
To register your interest in the brand new online course, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the course information when it is ready for release.
Please select from available locations and book today!
Course price $269
Contact Brad for group discounts on 0402 842 607 or email@example.com
Morning tea and lunch is provided, typically starting at 8.30am finishing at 3.30pm.
Talk Less Listen More™ for early-years’ practitioners will contribute to 7 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing Standard Descriptors 1.6.2, 4.3.2, 6.2.2 and 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
What early years educators are saying…
This program aligns perfectly with the Early Years Learning Frameworks ethos and principles and fits in with the National Quality Standards for childcare in Australia. This is a valuable program that assists children to develop their skills and sense of well-being. DIRECTOR, KIDS COLLEGE, PERTH
“Very thorough presentation. Presenter was very knowledgeable and I was given so many valuable tools to use both personally and professionally. Highly recommend.”
DALTON DRIVE EARLY LEARNING
“This course was informative and got me thinking about how children’s emotions are different from adults and how I can help them in dealing with these emotions in an effective way. It was great learning that we were on the right track. The program let us know what we were doing right and informed us on how to take it further. “
KIDS COLLEGE, PERTH
Parentshop® Pty Ltd ACN: 121 540 690 ABN: 26 281 659 017
Associations and Affiliations