Create positive outcomes in your school community
Parentshop’s training solutions help you make a real difference to the lives of children, parents
and school staff by reducing the effects of behavioural issues.
Here are three powerful ways we support you to improve behaviour.
We teach you how to manage behaviour issues
School staff are often first to identify a young person’s behavioural and emotional support needs. They are integral in supporting parents to understand and address them.
Research shows that young people who can control their impulses do better in academic and social situations. School staff and parents can easily learn to coach them in this.
Parentshop’s training courses teach you:
- How to manage behavioural issues
- How to reduce stress and conflict in challenging situations
- What happens when young people get upset
- What adults can do to help them manage their emotions
- How to help students engage their ‘mental brakes’ and develop self-control and maturity.
The training courses are quick and affordable. The method-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in the school environment.
Our training creates positive outcomes in school communities
Parentshop’s training assists schools to reduce many common behavioural difficulties. The benefits include:
• A safe and consistent learning or living environment: Students experience a predictable and effective response to behavioural issues by all adults across the school community.
• Less crowd control, more cooperation: Teachers or carers can focus on their job, children on learning and developing, leaders on developing a quality ducational environment and parents can enjoy family time again.
• Less stress, more confidence: A common understanding reduces conflict between school leaders, parents and staff, supporting better relationships and mental health for all.
Established in 2006, Parentshop is a market leader in training and resources for school professionals and parents.
It offers easy, effective training solutions to manage young people’s difficult behaviour and interpersonal relationships between school leaders, parents and staff. Developed by teacher, author and psychologist Michael Hawton, Parentshop’s training courses have already been taught to over 10,000 teachers and professionals and 100,000 parents around Australia.
“At the heart of what we do is the ability to make a positive contribution to the lives of children and families.”
MICHAEL HAWTON, MAPS.